About the WEKH
Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub (WEKH) is a national network and accessible digital platform for sharing research, resources, and leading strategies. With regional hubs and a network of more than 75 partners, WEKH is designed to address the needs of diverse women entrepreneurs across regions and across sectors. WEKH’s advanced technology platform, powered by Magnet, will enhance the capacity of women entrepreneurs and the organizations who serve them by linking them to resources and best practices from across the country.
With the support of the Government of Canada, WEKH will spread its expertise from coast to coast, enabling service providers, academics, government, and industry to enhance their support for women entrepreneurs. Ryerson University’s Diversity Institute, in collaboration with Ryerson’s Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship and the Ted Rogers School of Management, is leading a team of researchers, business support organizations, and key stakeholders to create a more inclusive and supportive environment to grow women’s entrepreneurship in Canada.
As part of the Government of Canada’s Women Entrepreneurship Strategy, the network will:
- Benchmark and report on the progress of women entrepreneurs in Canada
- Collect, analyze and disseminate research
- Assess and share best practices and knowledge on how to advance women entrepreneurs
- Engage women business support organizations across Canada and provide a platform to strengthen cross-sector collaboration and connect women entrepreneurs to resources.
- Support the implementation of more inclusive policies, programs, and practices across the
- Challenge stereotypes and build awareness of women’s entrepreneurial success.