A 5-day intensive hands-on workshop from the Institute for Gender and the Economy (GATE) at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management.
This describes the Gender Analytics course for the private sector/ corporations. Please click here for the course for public sector/ government/ NGO participants.
This course was designed to address the competencies as outlined in the “Gender Analysis Competency Framework”. Click here to review the “Gender Analysis Competency Framework”.
What is Gender Analytics?
Gender Analytics for the private sector is a way to analyze your business, products, services, processes and policies with a gender lens to uncover hidden opportunities for innovation and improved effectiveness.
You will discover the ways that gender identity, indigeneity, race, ethnicity, disability, and sexual orientation intersect to shape risks, opportunities and impacts of many of your organization’s activities, operations and outcomes.
Who should take this course?
- Business leaders interested in guiding the creation and delivery of more gender-inclusive products, processes, services or policies to create competitive advantage
- Analysts and managers charged with leading gender analysis in their companies
- Are you a Human Resources or Diversity and Inclusion professional? You may benefit from this course by seeing how inclusion issues can be incorporated into product/process/service design and delivery, and the human resources implications. However, if you are looking for a course aimed only at human resource management, you may be interested in this short-course offered by Rotman Executive programs.
Benefits of Gender Analytics
Competency in Gender Analytics will enable you to:
- Demystify key concepts related to gender and intersectional identities
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data using legal and ethical practices
- Use design thinking principles and empathy to interpret insights
- Exploit rapid prototyping to design products, services, processes or policies with the intended beneficiaries or target audiences
- Assess the impact of inclusive design solutions using a “test and learn” approach
- Align your organization to execute Gender Analytics effectively
Gender Analytics takes us beyond typical diversity and inclusion conversations to consider how gender and its intersections impact all aspects of an organization’s activities, including risk, marketing, operations, HR, product/service design, policy, and strategy.
The Gender Analytics methodology will help you:
- Identify and remove personal and organizational biases and data gaps
- Leverage the experience and diversity of your teams
- Engage customers, beneficiaries, users and other stakeholders meaningfully
Unlike typical professional learning courses, Gender Analytics will provide you with hands-on experience in doing Gender Analytics including a hackathon for experiential learning-by-doing.
Project workplan: The course contains a guided process for creating your own Gender Analytics workplan for a project that you define.
Personal development plan: Based on our proprietary competency matrix, you will create your own development plan to increase your Gender Analytics skills over time.
Stay tuned for announcements of future dates and for news of our online course
Download info sheet for further details, pricing, and course calendar.