A 5-day intensive hands-on workshop from the Institute for Gender and the Economy, the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
What is Gender Analytics?
Gender Analytics is a way to analyze your business, products, services, processes and policies with a gender lens to uncover hidden opportunities for innovation and improved effectiveness.
You will discover the ways that gender identity, indigeneity, race, ethnicity, disability, and sexual orientation shape risks, opportunities and impacts of many of your organization’s activities, operations and outcomes.
Who should take this course?
- Leaders interested in guiding the creation of more gender-inclusive products, processes, services or policies to create competitive advantage
- Analysts and managers charged with leading gender analysis in their organization
Benefits of Gender Analytics
Competency in Gender Analytics will enable you to:
- Demystify key concepts related to gender and intersectional identities
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data using legal and ethical practices
- Use design thinking principles and empathy to interpret insights
- Exploit rapid prototyping to design products, services, processes or policies with the intended beneficiaries or target audiences
- Assess the impact of inclusive design solutions using a “test and learn” approach
- Align your organization to execute
Gender Analytics takes us beyond typical diversity and inclusion conversations to consider how gender impacts all aspects of an organization’s activities, including risk, marketing, operations, HR, product/service design, policy, and strategy.
The Gender Analytics methodology will help you:
- Identify and remove personal and organizational biases and data gaps
- Leverage the experience and diversity of your teams
- Engage customers, beneficiaries, users and other stakeholders meaningfully
Unlike typical professional learning courses, Gender Analytics will provide you with hands-on experience in doing Gender Analytics including a hackathon for experiential learning-by-doing.
Project workplan: The course contains a guided process for creating your own Gender Analytics workplan for a project that you define.
Personal development plan: Based on our proprietary competency matrix, you will create your own development plan to increase your Gender Analytics skills over time.
Download info sheet for further details, pricing, and course calendar.